March 21, 2021
Here is the latest update on the 2021 Softball Season plans for Rosedale Community Council Youth Softball (RCC).
Current COVID-19 restrictions limit our ability to offer a season of youth softball play. With that said, Rosedale Youth Softball Executive continue to make preparations for the upcoming 2021 season in the hope that these restrictions are eased. Games have been scheduled, diamonds applied for, uniforms ordered, equipment made ready, insurance sourced and Executive meetings have been held virtually.
If we get the go-ahead to play, our focus as always will be on the health and safety of our players, coaches, officials and spectators. I anticipate needing to develop and adjust some policies and procedures in order to comply with COVID-19 guidelines as they continue to evolve. Flexibility, effective communication and lots of volunteers will be crucial if we are to succeed.
A few changes we have already made:
- Rather than hold a virtual AGM to cover details of the 2020 season, in mid-February 2021 we posted the usual reports, along with a list of Executive vacancies and contact information on our website. We will communicate this intent through social media and Mailchimp. Our hope is that persons interested in joining the organization will review the content and reach out to make contact with us
- Effective in 2021 batting helmets will no longer be provided by the league. Each player will be required to use and control their own personal helmet at games and practices. Rosedale will sell our inventory of previously used helmets to registered players for $5.00 for a helmet without a cage and $10.00 for a helmet with a cage
- Team pictures will no longer be taken or included in the registration package. Options to provide spectators the opportunity to purchase “action photos” are being explored
- On-line registration for the upcoming season is tentatively scheduled to open on May 1 and close on May 15th - assuming restrictions are lifted
- The tentative start date for play is Tuesday May 25 - assuming restrictions are lifted. Please refer to the appropriate tabs on our website for more information.
The generosity of our sponsors helps Rosedale keep registration fees to a minimum. Thanks to: Rayacom, Councillor Sam Merulla, 100 Men Who Give A Damn, Hamilton Athletic Trust, Odyssey Hair Salon, Councillor Chad Collins, Markey-Dermody Funeral Home, Niko Apparel Systems, Aran Awards, Rotek, City of Hamilton - Easter Egg Hunt, Little Caesars, McMaster Women’s Fast Pitch Team, Sevitti Investigations, Food for Thought, JBC Paralegal, King's Landing, Handy Manny, T.Litzen Sports, and please remember to patronize our sponsors if/when you have the opportunity.
Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for upcoming events & details. Thanks for your continued support and let me know if you have any questions.
Always be safe@home,
John Haefele – President Rosedale Youth Softball