Here is the latest update on the 2020 Softball Season plans of Rosedale Community Council Youth Softball (RCC).
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic the City of Hamilton announced that all diamonds would remain closed until at least May 25, 2020. That closure date has since been extended to July 12, 2020.
During this time, the RCC Executive continued to prepare to play a season should the opportunity present itself. Games were scheduled, diamonds applied for, uniforms ordered, equipment made ready, umpires booked, insurance was sourced and regular schedule monthly meetings were held virtually.
On June 25, 2020 the City of Hamilton (COH) held an online Town Hall Meeting with all Softball User Groups. The following information was conveyed:
- Effective July 12 COH diamonds will be available for booking by User Groups
- The maximum number of persons allowed per diamond is set at 10. This includes Players, Coaches, Officials, and Spectators
- Games and scrimmages will not be permitted
- When booking the diamonds, User Groups will sign a commitment to adhere to all Provincial mandates and guidelines in place at any given time
- User Groups will be responsible for managing and adhering to Provincial mandates and guidelines including controlling the number of people at a diamond and maintaining social distancing
- User Groups will be responsible for sanitizing field equipment and fixed objects
- The COH Employees will clean washrooms 2 times daily. User Groups will be responsible for additional sanitizing during actual periods of use
- Facilities such as the Canteen will remain closed until further notice
RCC Members who registered prior to January 1 2020 will receive a full refund cheque mailed to the address on record at the time of the registration.
RCC Members who registered after January 1 2020 will receive a full refund e-transfer to the credit or debit card they used at the time of registration.
The next order of business for RCC will be the Annual General Meeting which will take place in a digital format on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 7:00 PM. There are a number of vacant positions on the Executive that will need to be filled. In the meantime, the current Executive will continue to make preparations for the 2021 Softball season.
Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for upcoming events & details. Thanks for your continued support!
Always be safe@home,
Rosedale Community Council Youth Softball